Apple released an update to the Volume Purchase Program
Purpose of the Volume Purchase Program
The Volume Purchase Program makes it easy for educational institutions to purchase iOS apps in volume and distribute those apps to users. The Volume Purchase Program also allows app developers to offer special pricing for purchases of 20 apps or more.
Participating in the Program
To participate in the program, you or someone from your educational institution can enroll to become a Program Manager. The Program Manager will set up and manage Program Facilitators using provided management tools. A Program Facilitator is anyone in your organization who will redeem Volume Vouchers, buy codes for apps, and then distribute the codes to end users.
- Simplification of the "Sign Up" procedures as it is now a completely "online" sign up process.
- You do not have to submit a spreadsheet to create "Program Facilitators".
- You will manage "Program Facilitator Accounts" completely online with a "Program Manager" account.
- Apple has introduced the "Program Manager" position.
- The Purchase Program Manager is an individual authorized by the institution to manage Program Facilitators.
- Link to Signup: http://edu-vpp.apple.com/asvpp.html
- Apple will approve the Program Manager account within 5 days.
- Program Manager Account does not have to be a unique email as it can be tied into an existing Apple account.
- The Volume Purchase Program was built with flexibility and it continues to evolve and improve.
- Overview of the VPP program: http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
- Actual Purchase of Vouchers continues without any changes.