A student of ours has been very reluctant to "write". He struggles with getting his thoughts out of his head when writing and or typing. We have had some success because of Google Education Apps and Dragon Dictation on the iPod Touch. Now that Google Docs can be edited in the Safari browser, it has really made using Dragon Dictation a lot easier for us!
1. Use Safari and log into your Google Education Apps account.
2. Minimize the browser and open Dragon Dictation.
3. Speak into the app. Do not try and talk into Dragon Dictation for more than 2 or 3 sentences. Feel free to do every sentence on its own. Every few minutes or so, click Copy in the app.
4. Minimize the Dragon Dictation app. Open Safari again.
5. Paste directly into your Google Doc the work that you have done from Dragon Dictation. Editing Google Docs in Safari on the iPod Touch is very minimalist. You can't do much but edit the text.
6. Log out of your account and head to a laptop or desktop computer for full editing when you get a chance. Don't forget to share your document with your teacher as well.
Link to Company: http://www.dragonmobileapps.com/
Link to iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-dictation/id341446764?mt=8