This week's App of the Week is VoiceThread. This free iPad app is a great way to view and create multi-media albums about any topic in any subject area! We had a lot of fun coming up with ideas on how to use it in the classroom, but we would love to hear your thoughts too!
A few good ideas on how to use the VoiceThread app in the classroom:
- To boost individual participation for shy/timid students
- To show what you know! Make interactive media album about any topic in any subject!
- As a pre-assessment: gauge students’ knowledge before teaching a topic
- Do a zoom-in inquiry for history
- Work on the 6 Traits of Writing, like 'Word Choice' (using descriptive language)
- Offer a differentiated evaluation option. Give kids a chance to express what is in their heads without the language arts struggles getting in the way.
- Do participate in school, district, city, and world - wide collaboration!
- To complete entrance and exit tickets
- To immerse your students in foreign language!
- How would YOU use VoiceThread in the classroom? How are YOU using VoiceThread in the classroom?