Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 10:06PM
With Apple's recent update to the iBooks app, we are realizing how much you can really do with the iBooks app! On this week's MacReach podcast (Episode 37), we challenged ourselves to come up with 9 different ways to use the iBooks app with students in the classroom! iBooks can be so much MORE than just an e-Reader app! We'd love to hear what you do/could do with this free app!
- grammar lessons: located parts of speech with different colored highlighters
- analyze quotes using the notes
- information scavenger hunt
- discover a new author/topic/genre using the iBook Store
- Copy PDFs of Maps, etc.
- Free books on a large variety of topics (just search Google!)
- Collections in the iBooks (add new collections) - learn how to organize digital organization
- eBook publishing... individual pages from students merged together for a student created textbook
- share student work! customized portfolio, customized yearbooks
- IEAR community, we want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on using iBooks in the classroom?