2010 certainly has been a great year for the IEAR community! What started as a small, grassroots effort focused on taking a closer look at the educational value of mobile apps has really grown into something special. Over the course of the year, IEAR has seen increased membership, high quality app reviews by an ever growing group of volunteer reviewers, ongoing discussion and collaboration on the IEAR Ning, the development of a monthly podcast and many other positive endeavors.
The most exciting part of all these accomplishments is the fact that no one individual can take credit for all that is IEAR. Rather, what we have put in place are the building blocks for a total community effort. We are proud that the IEAR community represents people from all walks of life, including teachers, administrators, students, parents, app developers and many others. Working together, we’ve built a dynamic community that is IEAR!
With that in mind, we are proud to announce the opening of voting for the first annual IEAR Community App Awards. Nominations were collected from our diverse community and the 2010 ballot is full of truly wonderful apps. In fact, a recent tweet proclaimed the nomination spreadsheet as a valuable resource for any school looking to build their own mLearning initiative!
Please vote for the app you think is "best of the best" in each category. If you do not have a favorite app in a category, please leave the choice at "No Vote".
In an effort to try to ensure voting integrity and prevent any potential ballot box stuffing, voting will be weighted. 40% of the vote totals will be contributed by a small team of IEAR community members who serve in an advisory capacity. The other 60% of the total will come directly from the IEAR at-large community.
Ballots must be completed by 6:00 PM EST December 15, 2010. Listen to the iEAR Podcast and check the iEAR community websites for the results.